Here at SMA, we are continuously looking to expand our existing teams, to help deliver successful outcomes for our clients. We build strong working relationships and you have the opportunity to work on exciting and varied projects.
We currently have a vacancy for an Engineer/Senior Flood Risk and Drainage Engineer
Stuart Michael Associates work with local authorities, and private developer’s for residential and commercial development proposals. Our Drainage and Environmental sector is currently experiencing unprecedented levels of flood risk and drainage projects. We have a growth plan to respond to this increase in demand and we are currently recruiting talented individuals to help deliver flood risk assessments/flood consequences assessments and flood mitigation strategies in accordance with the latest legislation and guidance. The successful applicant would be joining a dedicated Environmental Team that provides our clients with an extensive range of environmental services including foul sewage assessment and surface water drainage strategy development and advice on sustainable urban drainage techniques (SuDS).
Summary of the broad purpose of the position and its responsibilities/duties:
• Working towards chartered status of either ICE or CIWEM.
• Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of current technical standards and guidance.
• Be able to undertake Flood Risk Assessments, Surface Water, Foul Water and SUDS designs and demonstrate a thorough understanding of current assessment techniques.
• Produce technical reports efficiently and accurately.
• Be able to demonstrate proficiency with the assessment, design and specification of highway, surface and foul water drainage systems for residential and commercial development proposals.
• Be able to demonstrate proficiency with the design and specification of sustainable drainage systems to current design standards.
• Be able to demonstrate a proficiency with the design and specification of both adoptable and private sewerage pumping stations.
• Be able to contribute towards the preparation and submission of Section 104 and 106 agreements.
• Have experience of the preparation and submission of Section 98 and Section 185 applications.
• Have experience of the preparation of evidence for planning appeals and public enquiries.
• Have a general understanding and knowledge of wider environmental issues and trends.
• Disseminate knowledge to junior members of staff.
Desirable – Undertake both 1D and 2D Hydraulic modelling utilising a variety of different software.
If you would like to be considered for a position, please forward your CV to Tim Wood (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our experienced and qualified staff bring commercial awareness and a proactive approach to all commissions, which range from small scale sites to large urban extensions, strategic development and multi-million pound projects.
Whether you require an initial high-level appraisal, completion of technical reports to accompany a Planning Application or detailed design post consent, SMA have the capabilities to do it all.
Making great progress in Ryde as Show Homes near completion.