We are currently looking for a Senior Drainage Engineer to join our Water and Environmental Team based at our office in Thatcham. You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects within the Thames Valley and across the South of the UK. We pride ourselves on enabling our employees to advance their careers, whilst giving them the freedom to achieve personal growth and development. We will provide you with the opportunities to enable you to succeed and support you to reach your full potential.
Summary of the broad purpose of the position and its responsibilities/duties:
• Working towards chartered status of either ICE or CIWEM.
• Demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of current technical standards and guidance.
• Able to undertake Flood Risk Assessments and demonstrate a thorough understanding of current assessment techniques.
• Produce technical reports efficiently and accurately.
• Able to demonstrate proficiency with the assessment, design and specification of highway, surface and foul water drainage systems for residential and commercial development proposals.
• Able to demonstrate proficiency with the design and specification of sustainable drainage systems to current design standards.
• Able to demonstrate a proficiency with the design and specification of both adoptable and private sewerage pumping stations.
• Able to contribute towards the preparation and submission of Section 104 and 106 agreements.
• Experience of the preparation and submission of Section 98 and Section 185 applications.
• Have experience of the preparation of evidence for planning appeals and public enquiries.
If you’d like to apply for this position, please send your CV to Tim Wood at email@example.com
We are currently looking for enthusiastic candidates to join our Transport Group. You will be responsible for the delivery of technical services to new and existing clients working on a range of small scale and large strategic sites. You will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, be able to work in a team and have good communication skills.
Key Responsibilities/Duties will include:
• Supporting senior members of the Transport Team, whilst mentoring junior staff within the group;
• Production of all aspects of small Transport Assessments/Statements, Travel Plans and Access Appraisals with minimal support from senior staff;
• Provide support in the production of large transport assessments and Travel Plans;
• Ensure projects are delivered to quality standards, in budget and on time;
• Procurement of third party services/data such as traffic surveys, topographical surveys, utility information, accident statistics, highway boundary, etc.;
• Preparation of design drawings to meet appropriate design standards/guidance and the ability to propose mitigation designs/measures;
• Ability to liaise with third parties/clients as needed;
• Undertake site visits;
• Have up to date knowledge on latest transport policies and legislations, design standards and planning process applicable to the UK;
• Ability to work under pressure to deliver within very tight timescales;
• Undertake general management, technical and administrative duties;
In addition the candidate should:
• Have a Degree, Masters or higher education equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline;
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and Powerpoint;
• Have experience in using the transport assessment packages such as PICADY, ARCADY, LINSIG, TRICS and TEMPRO;
• Experienced user of AutoCAD
• Have excellent report writing skills;
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Be a positive and enthusiastic team player
If you’d like to apply for any of these positions, please send your CV to Martin Ohrland at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for an A level Student who is seeking a career in civil Engineering to take up an Apprenticeship with us, If your application is successful you will get the chance to earn a salary whilst you are studying for nationally recognised qualifications. In collaboration with University of the West of England, you will learn from our experts who have a wide range of knowledge, capability and experience to share with you via a programme designed to provide you with the knowledge and skills to be a competent Graduate Engineer.
You will be progressively involved in numerous projects within our various teams, working with other engineers in areas such as highways and junction design, traffic assessments and modelling, flood risk assessments, Flood Modelling, foul and surface water drainage design etc.
This will involve:
1. Supporting our on and off-site fieldwork activities which might involve traffic surveys, acoustic surveys etc.
2. Assisting with initial site surveys
3. Understanding lab analysis of soil, rock and materials samples
4. Creating engineering design plans, by hand or with computer aided design (CAD) software
5. You will also be required to undertake any other duties from time to time as and when you are considered as competent by your appointed trainer.
Hours of Work – Your normal hours of work are 36.5 hours per week 09.00 – 17.30 – Monday to Thursday and 09.00 – 16.30 every; Friday (flexible working times are negotiable.)
• Ability to learn from observing and motivated to use your initiative to get the most from on the job and external training.
• The successful applicant will conduct themselves in a responsible and professional manner and express themselves with a friendly demeanour, positive attitude and be self-motivated.
• Possess an ability to apply a wide range of taught practical, technical and problem-solving skills to project work.
• Capable of working with and communicating with people at all levels
• A good level of practical, verbal, writing and computer skills.
• To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the company.
If you are interested in this role then please contact.
Mark Smyth – Director
Mobile – 07980 688863
Our experienced and qualified staff bring commercial awareness and a proactive approach to all commissions, which range from small scale sites to large urban extensions, strategic development and multi-million pound projects.
Whether you require an initial high-level appraisal, completion of technical reports to accompany a Planning Application or detailed design post consent, SMA have the capabilities to do it all.
Two Consents in Wales and Reserved Matters Approval